Friday, January 7, 2011

Good





So this class was a little bit all over the board. We covered everything from a New Orleans BBQ Shrimp with Maque Choux and Andouille Corn Pudding to a squash curry to spaghetti squash with spinach and a french lentil stew. My group was directly responsible for a chickpea, eggplant and tomato tart, falafels, and pita bread. Good thing that we did a test run of the falafel as it completely disintegrated when put in the fryer. Turns out their was no flour in the recipe to bind it together. We quickly remedied that and it turned out great. The pita bread was a good experience as I used the tandoori oven for the first time. It is rather hot and I am amazed at when I see shows on t.v that shows guys in India and such that just reach into those darn things. I ended up doing the tart as well. It was my first time working with phyllo. What a pain in the ass. It dried out a little too much(it was crumbly even when I got it). Maybe a little more oil on it next time will help out. The tart itself might not have looked the greatest, but it was nice when Chef tasted it, did a little bit of a double take, and stated, "That's actually really good"! All in all, it was a good class and my group is coming along really well in terms of working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment